Friday, August 13, 2010

Review: Mate Hunger by Marisa Chenery

Mate Hunger by Marisa Chenery

Publisher: Ellora’s Cave
Genre: Paranormal Romance


Heat Rating: 2


Photobucket



Blurb

Set is a warrior chosen by the sun god Ra to protect mortals from the undead who hunt them. That is what he knows. Unfortunately, having watched his leader, a fellow warrior, succumb to a destined mate, Set also knows he will someday suffer the same fate. Set doesn’t need nor want a mate. He’s just fine on his own, thank you very much. But when a spitfire of a woman is thrust into his life, whose sole mission seems to be to knee him in the groin and escape every chance she gets, he’s intrigued. A lot.

Desiree may have lusted after Set from afar for months, but that doesn’t mean she’s going to go willingly with the behemoth of a man spouting a whole bunch of garbage about immortality, an ancient Egyptian god and her destiny as his mate. No doubt he’s two bricks short of a load. But when they touch, passion like she’s never known consumes her. Perhaps he’s not so crazy after all…


Tala’s Review

I had high hopes for this story when I read the blurb, but it fell a little short for me, unfortunately. Maybe it is because I didn't read the first one, but I felt like I was missing some important background information. While the story was well written, I couldn't really get into the characters. Set seemed very cold, and he didn't make much of an effort to help Desiree adjust to her new life. It seems like more of a "Yes you are. No I'm not!" situation between the two of them. The only time Desiree and Set communicated with each other at all was when they had sex.

I'm sure this story will appeal to many readers, but it really wasn't my cup of tea.

2 Tea Cups!

PhotobucketPhotobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails