Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Review: Out of Eden by Beth Ciotta

Out of Eden by Beth Ciotta

Publisher: HQN Books
Genre: Contemporary Romance


Heat Rating: 2


Photobucket



Blurb

Sometimes paradise isn’t all it’s cracked up to be!

That’s what I, Kylie McGraw, have discovered since sacrificing my dreams of traveling the world to run the family shoe store. But if I have my way, peaceful Eden, Indiana, is in for a major shake-up…

It all began on my birthday, when I got drunk and disorderly over Eden’s hunky new police chief (and my former high school crush), Jack Reynolds. Then I may have, in my Cosmo haze, witnessed a murder in progress. Now I’m almost certain I’m being stalked by the mob, while he-of-the-distracting abs Jack continues to think I’m nuts. However, there comes a time when a girl has to kick off her sensible shoes (size 7, cushion insoles) and go after what she wants. So if I can just survive long enough to put on my sexy new red heels, that’s exactly what I intend to do…



Christy’s Review

Out of Eden is a story about Kylie McGraw and the small town of Eden, Indiana.  When Kylie celebrates her 32nd birthday she decides she wants to shake things up. She’s tired of the same old thing, and she wants to make several changes in her life.

When Kylie and her best friend Faye are celebrating at Boone’s bar and grill, Kylie has a few to many drinks, and she says and does a few things out of her norm. After making a spectacle of herself, her friend Faye decides to get her home. On the way out of Boone’s, she falls flat on her butt in front of Eden’s new police chief and former high school crush, Jack Reynolds. Kylie’s been pining after Jack since she was 12 years old. She tries to convince herself that she’s over him but really she’s not.

I loved Kylie. She’s strong, independent and an overall nice girl. She’s the type of woman who loves her friends and family and is always there for them. Jack Reynolds is just dreamy. He’s recently moved back to Eden from New York, where he was a police detective. He got burned out on the crime he faced on the streets of New York and decided to come back home to Eden to sort things out in his life. His best friend is Spenser, which is Kylie’s older brother. Jack’s always thought of Kylie as a little sister but finds himself attracted to her.

Out of Eden is a really great story. The characters and plot were realistic. I found myself laughing at some of the things Kylie did. She’s a really cool girl. The chemistry between Kylie and Jack was believable and I wanted them to take their relationship to the next level. There are several things that go on throughout the book that kept my interest and I kept turning page after page to find out what happened next.

Towards the end of the book, things start to heat up after Kylie witnesses a murder. There are several twists and turn throughout Out Of Eden that will keep you guessing on what’s going to happen next. Ms Ciotta has crafted a wonderful story. I look forward to reading the next book in this series.



4 1/2 Tea Cups!

Photobucket   PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket   Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails