Thursday, December 9, 2010

Review: The Geek Next Door by Lauren Fraser

The Geek Next Door by Lauren Fraser

Publisher: Liquid Silver Books
Genre: Contemporary Romance


Heat Rating: 3



Photobucket

Blurb

When the woman of your dreams only sees you as her geeky neighbor, sometimes you have to go to extremes.

Computer nerd Dylan Crane has been in love with Erin since she moved next door two years ago. Unfortunately, she’s never seen him as anything other than her best friend--until one afternoon when her world flips upside down and everything changes.

Erin Sharp learns firsthand just how sexy a man with a brain can be. She already loved Dylan, her friend, but as their relationship evolves, she wonders if she could finally have it all.

When her career ambitions get in the way of their relationship, Erin has to decide what matters most to her – getting the job she always wanted, or the man she needs and desires.


Denise's Review

I will admit, I have come to expect high quality from Liquid Silver Books, and have not been disappointed. This steamy novella falls into one of my favorite categories, and though it took me a couple days to read, this was more a matter of being distracted by the holidays and work; pulling myself away was no easy task.

I loved Dylan. Really, in a romance, you want to love the hero, and I did. I completely loved him. He was sweet, intelligent, a little uncoordinated, fiercely loyal, and he didn’t compromise who he was. To top it off, he was devilishly sexy and wholly unaware of it. Throw in that he’s in love with his neighbor and good friend, Erin, and he was pretty much my ideal hero.

I didn’t like Erin as much, but that certainly wasn’t a failing. The heroine was a little selfish and career-oriented, and though she objected internally to some of the things her boss asked of her, she went along with it, which was realistic given her character and something with which I could sympathize. She did do her best to “make over” Dylan in terms of appearance; another thing I understood and felt was believable for the character, but indicated she was drawn more by the outside than the inside—at least in a passing way Erin didn’t outright intend. This was addressed, thankfully, and the book’s resolution satisfied any misgivings I might have others had.

Likewise, my own inner geek appreciated a number of references. Unlike Erin, I did know exactly who Deanna Troi is, and that makes me rather proud.

4 1/2 Tea Cups!

Photobucket   PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket   Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails