Thursday, November 17, 2011

Review: Forbidden Desires by Kelly Yeakle

Forbidden Desires by Kelly Yeakle

Publisher: Evernight Publishing
Genre: Alternative Romance


Heat Rating: 2
 

Photobucket



Blurb

When Dani meets the delicate beauty that is Carmen she knows instantly that she wants her—in her life and in her bed. But can Miss. Commitment-phobic look beyond the sex to see the woman beneath?

To Carmen, the wildly beautiful Dani is a new and exciting friend. What she hadn't counted on is the simmering desire she feels when in Dani's presence. As her relationship with her boyfriend sours, Carmen begins to wonder if there is more to Dani than she realizes.
Should she give in to this, the most forbidden of desires?


Lia's Review

When I started to read this novel, I was blown away at the imagery used in the first few chapters. The author painted a picture with vivid colors and heartfelt emotion. I instantly liked Carmen. She reminded me a bit of myself. I could related to her and wanted her to succeed. Dani was Carmen’s opposite, and it was their differences that made them into such a great couple. When reading this book, it felt as though I was reading about real people. Both of their personalities were so well developed and realistic.

I loved that there was no bad guy in this book. Although David, Carmen’s boyfriend was the element that stood between Carmen and Dani’s happiness, David himself wasn’t a villain. He was just a typical man who forgot how to treat a woman. By the end on the book I actually felt bad for him.

One thing I hate is when a relationship is rushed and forced. It’s so rare to see a book where the romance takes time to build. This story had that. Dani and Carmen didn’t fall head over heels with each other in a week. It took time. They developed a friendship first, and only then moved to the next step. Their attraction to each other seemed more real with the friendship. By the end of the book, I was convinced that they were in love and happy together. Perfect character development!

My only complaint with this book is that a lot of it was telling the story. I wish there had been a little more show and a little less tell. Besides that, however, it was a great and memorable love story.

4 Tea Cups!
 
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket   Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails