Friday, July 30, 2010

Review: A Darker Purpose by Linda Parsons Mills

A Darker Purpose by Linda Parsons Mills

Publisher: New Concepts Publishing
Genre: Historical Romance


Heat Rating: 1


Photobucket



Blurb

Secrets and lies led Charlotte from the man she truly loved and into a passionless marriage. Madness, murder and mayhem followed her as she fought for freedom, dignity and happiness. Guilt and the need for justice drove her into danger. With a very unlikely companion she would risk everything to put the matter right.



Ashira Datya’s Review

I started reading and reviewing stories to relax me from being a stay-at-home mom during the week. To me, they are a chance to get away; I can forget about the tantrums of my children and the repetitiveness of making dinner and cleaning up.  I can travel to England, as I did in A Darker Purpose, and I don't even have to leave my living room.

William Morgan, a police officer, was in love with the beautiful Charlotte, a woman that several years before, he had proposed to. Due to circumstances that you'll just have to read about, Charlotte married Lawrence Thornton instead.

Charlotte and William's paths cross after a disagreement between Charlotte and Lawrence. After a brief distraction, William, Charlotte and her grandmother flee town to the country in a flurry of danger and excitement as the truth of what is going on with Charlotte's husband, Lawrence, is revealed.

With everything going on in my life, it took me a little while to be able to concentrate on A Darker Purpose, but once I was able to concentrate on it, I was glad I had taken the time to read it. It was a well written, intriguing story that kept me on the edge of my seat.

I give the story itself three and a half Tea Cups and a heat rating of a one. The scenes weren't graphic, but they were enough to give you a sense of what was happening in the tangled sheets. Good reading and enjoyment to all!

3 ½ Tea Cups!

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket   Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails