Thursday, August 26, 2010

Interview with Author Kiyara Benoiti

Photobucket


Kiyara Benoiti's Links



Mating with an Alter-Female is incredible, but Dillon discovers Isis is next in line to rule the Community, and to do so, she needs a second mate and an heir.

When he discovers Rory is her other genetic mate, he’s already changing into an Alter-Male and there’s no returning Topside until he assimilates. Only there’s one problem: Sareenah, the Lady of the Lair and Isis’ aunt, has determined Dillon is also her second mate. Sareenah imprisons Rory and gives Isis to Fanes, who doesn’t care how he gets Isis back as long as he keeps her.


Dillon must appease Sareenah, or watch Isis suffer. When Rory is blamed for murder, Dillon saves Isis, and together, they must find Rory and prove his innocence, but at what price? Will the threesome love one another again or be thwarted and face Ore, the lava demon?



How did you end up becoming a writer?

I believe I must have been born with the need to write. My mother was and is a voracious reader, so I’m sure her influence with books helped propel me into my writing career, but I remember loving words from a very early age.

What is your favorite thing about being an author? What keeps you going?

I love it when readers email me to rave about one of my books. I’m driven to write. The drive to see my stories come to pass is overpowering and it pushes me constantly.


Where do you find names for your characters?

Sometimes they just come to me out of the thin air, but I often ask one of my daughters for input. My oldest is great at coming up with the perfect names.


Who (or what) do you feel inspired your writing style the most?

My writing style? Hmm, not sure, really. I’ve always been one to do my own thing, so I guess I’d have to say there are multiple authors who have inspired me throughout my career, and through different facets, I’ve found my own style.


Do you like to read? If so, what are your favorite genres and authors?

Oh, yes! I read everything I can get my hands on. My girls think I’m nuts when I pick up their school textbooks and read them! My favorite genres are paranormal anything and historical novels of all sorts too.


Are there any projects that you are currently working on?

I’m laying out the rough outline for book two to my Alter-Human series (published with Siren Publishing). The world and characters are so intricate I’m re-reading my own novella and taking notes, lol. I also have ideas for a book to go along with Blue Moon, which is a starter book to a series at Breathless Press. I’m playing around with an idea for a pure erotica book, but I’m not sure if I’m going to write it as Kiyara or not. I might write it under a different pen name.

Also, Dreamspinner Press contracted my paranormal m/m romance. It’s called Chasing the Mailman and it’s under my alias of Amber Redd. I’m hoping to have the manuscript finished in the next two or three months because it’s scheduled for a January 2011 release.



Do you have any new releases coming out soon?

Yes, I have three, including the contracted partial I just mentioned above. One is a short erotica title called Strawberry Rendezvous which comes out August 20th from Breathless Press. The other is a het shifter novella Of the Panther Persuasion with Siren Publishing. I’m waiting on the edits for it, so there’s no official release date yet.







Thank you for the interview, Kiyara.

If you have any questions for Kiyara, you can either leave a comment here, or you can visit the Happily Ever After Reviews Yahoo Group and post a question or comment.

If you'd like your own Author Interview, please view our Services Page.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails