Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Author Interview with Eve Langlais

Photobucket


Eve Langlais' Link




REVIEW


Being Lucifer’s daughter can be hell.



Hi, I’m Muriel, the only white sheep in a sea of black ones, and a virgin to boot. I am determined to wait for love, but my dad, more commonly known as Lucifer, just wants me to stop being an embarrassment. I’m hoping the hunk that I met in my bar will turn out to be the one–just looking at him makes my insides melt like marshmallows over the coals of hell, but trusting is hard when it seems everyone I get close to ends up trying to kill me.


Not only am I dealing with an extreme case of lust, there’s a new threat in hell, one my dad says to ignore. Something easier said than done since it seems everywhere I turn demons are trying to kill me. But I’m okay with that, because one thing I’ve learned being a princess of hell is that sometimes I have to grab a demon by the horns and slap it around a bit. A rebellion in hell, demon assassins and scorching kisses, could my life get any more interesting?



How did you end up becoming a writer?


LOL, I get asked that a lot and while I dreamed of being a writer, especially when I was younger, I actually hadn’t written anything since my teenage years. What started me on the road to penning again was a really bad romance novel which ended up meeting the wall, intimately. My husband who listened to me rant and rave about all the things wrong with the book basically challenged me to write my own if I thought I could do better. So I did (I hate to lose lol) and now a year and a half later have several releases with more on the way.



Where does the inspiration for writing your stories come from?


The oddest thing will set me off actually. Sometimes it will be a snippet of a song (80’s being my favorite), a phrase or even an image. My newest contract with Liquid Silver for Last Minion Standing was based on me joking with my husband that I needed a minion to help with housework. For A Ghostly Menage coming in October with Cobblestone Press, it was the idea of groping ghosts that set the ball rolling. Wherever my twisted ideas are coming from, I hope they don’t stop because I love seeing how one simple idea snowballs into a story.



What do you feel makes your stories stand apart from others in your genre(s)?

I don’t suppose because I wrote them counts? LOL. Gosh that’s a hard question. In some of my tales, I think my sarcastic humor, especially when it comes to the heroine’s inner thoughts is what makes them so appealing. I’d also like to think that my storylines aren’t necessarily standard fare with each story trying to twist off in different directions that I hope makes them unique.



What do you feel is the most important trait for a strong hero to have?


If it’s physical, I’d say height. I love a man who towers over me. If we’re talking about personality, then I guess I want a hero who at the end of the day I can respect. The kind of guy who will put himself in harm’s way to help those who need it. A guy who isn’t afraid to say what he feels and even better show it.



Do you like to read? If so, what are your favorite genres and authors?


I love to read—a lot. I’m mostly a paranormal/fantasy buff preferring the romance genre but often stepping out and getting sucked in to sagas like Robert Jordan’s Wheel of Time Series. I love the Anita Blake series by Laurell Hamilton, Betsy the Vampire Queen by Mary Janice Davidson and too many more to list. Gena Showalter & Kresley Cole do the best Alphas. And right now I’m really into Kaitlyn O’Connor and her Cyborg series.


Are there any projects that you are currently working on?


I’m always working on a new project. I’ve outlined Alien Mate 3—earthling geek girl meets hot blue alien for some galaxy trotting. I’ve got a Cleopatra piece hopping up and down for attention, and a few others waving at me madly.



Do you have any new releases coming out soon?


As we write this, just vague dates for a few. Wickedest Witch should be arriving in the fall with Liquid Silver--a bad girl meets bad guy, paranormal tale which is action packed and hilarious. There’s also A Ghostly Ménage, an Oktoberfest tryst coming in October with Cobblestone Press—a tale of groping ghosts who are trying to get the attention of their mate. I have quite a few other pieces in various editing stages which you can see on my site. It’s best to check there every so often as I do update often whenever release dates and other things like covers are given to me.

Thanks you everyone at Happily Ever After not only for some great reviews but also for the interview.






Thank you for the interview, Eve!

If you have any questions for Eve, you can either leave a comment here, or you can visit the Happily Ever After Reviews Yahoo Group and post a question or comment.

If you'd like your own Author Interview, please view our Services Page.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails