Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Review: Commanded to Yield by Jennifer Leeland

Commanded to Yield by Jennifer Leeland

Publisher: Liquid Silver Books
Genre: Sci-Fi Romance


Heat Rating: 4



Photobucket

Blurb

For thirty years, Asberek has maintained peace with her mother planet, Earth. But when Earth Central tries to assassinate the colony’s leader, the ties that hold them
together are threatened. Earth Central sends Fallon Denny, a smart and savvy diplomat, to negotiate with the colonial council.

The minute Matthew Lestrano meets the visiting Earthling, he’s torn between his loyalty to the colony and his lust for the beautiful, but dangerous, visitor. Once again, thedrug that permeates Asberek’s atmosphere leads to strange connections, and Matthew finds that dominating Fallon Denny may lead to his downfall.

Treachery and betrayal create cracks in negotiations. When Fallon’s life is as risk, Matthew is the only one who can save her, and she finds there is more than politics at stake when she is commanded to yield.


Hunter’s Review

I enjoyed this book very much. I had not read any of Ms. Leeland’s other work so I read this book as a stand alone without knowing very much about what to expect. I’ll admit, I did it again, I picked the book because of the cover. I was not disappointed.

Ms. Leeland has a way with words and she is gifted at creating tension—both in action and in the love scenes.

Her characters are strong and interesting. I found myself rooting for them. This book has a strong Science Fiction element, which I love. Ms. Leeland is clearly an expert at world building because I had not read her previous books and I was not at a loss for what was going on.

I will buy anything with her name on it. Great book. Great read.


5 Tea Cups!

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket   Photobucket   Photobucket

1 comment:

Jennifer Leeland said...

I'm thrilled that you liked the book! And April Martinez is a brilliant cover artist.
Thank you for the review!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails