Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Review: No Mercy by Sherrilyn Kenyon

No Mercy by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Publisher: St. Martin’s Press
Genre: Paranormal Romance


Heat Rating: 3



Photobucket


Blurb

Live fast, fight hard and if you have to die then take as many of your enemies with you as you can. That is the Amazon credo and it was one Samia lived and died by. Now in contemporary New Orleans, the immortal Amazon warrior is about to learn that there’s a worse evil coming to slaughter mankind than she’s ever faced before.

Shapeshifter Dev Peltier has stood guard at the front of Sanctuary for almost two hundred years and in that time, he’s seen it all. Or so he thought. Now their enemies have discovered a new source of power- one that makes a mockery of anything faced to date.

The war is on and Dev and Sam are guarding ground zero. But in order to win, they will have to break the most cardinal of all rules and pray it doesn’t unravel the universe as we know it.



Hunter’s Review

If you are like me, you have been waiting for some time for Dev’s book. After Archeron, which I loved, this is the book I have most anticipated reading. I loved Dev and Sam. They were a wonderful couple, with hot chemistry, and I adored how they made each other smile and laugh almost from moment one.

When Sam realizes she can touch Dev with no ramifications, its an amazing moment. Really special. And an example of why Ms. Kenyon is such an extraordinary author and has reached the level of success she has gained. I look forward to her books with so much anticipation its ridiculous.

But, having said all of that, I do think that in some ways the series is becoming too complicated. She has written such a big world—with so many rules and players in it—that half of the book seems to be back story. It’s almost an ‘in case you missed the last fifteen’ books let me fill you in what happens kind of a feeling. I would have liked to have seen more Dev and Sam together and less discussion of what kind of demon did what in the last two wars.

Let me be clear, I really really enjoyed this book and Ms. Kenyon continues to be one of my favorite authors in the world. Her books are auto-buys for me.

4 1/2 Tea Cups!

Photobucket   PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket   Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails