Thursday, September 30, 2010

Review: Sweet Danger by Cheryl Pierson

Sweet Danger by Cheryl Pierson

Publisher: The Wild Rose Press
Genre: Contemporary Romance


Heat Rating: 2


Photobucket


Blurb

When undercover cop Jesse Nightwalker enters Silverman's Deli, he doesn't expect to find himself at the mercy of Tabor Hardin, a sadistic murderer he helped put in prison five years earlier. Now, Hardin's escaped, and he's out for more blood--Jesse's.

Lindy Oliver has had her eye on her handsome neighbor for several months. Fate provides the opportunity for them to finally meet when they both choose the same deli for breakfast. Becoming a hostage was not in Lindy 's plans when she sat down to share a pastry with Jesse, but neither was the hot kiss he gave her when bullets began to fly. That kiss seals both their fates, binding them to one another with the certainty of a vow.

But Jesse's got some hard-hitting secrets. With both their lives at stake, Lindy has a plan that just might save them--if Hardin takes the bait. Will they find unending love in the midst of Sweet Danger?


Christy’s Review

When I selected Sweet Danger for review, I went into it without having a blurb or book cover to go by. All I knew about the book was that it was a romantic suspense. Also, Cheryl Pierson is a new author to me. Having said that, I can tell you that I am really happy I took a chance on reading this book. It is a very good read. The plot is quite good, the characters were realistic, and the situation they faced was believable.

After reading several pages of Sweet Danger, I found myself thinking there is no way Ms Pierson is going to be able to keep the scene of Lindy, Jesse, and the other characters who were held captive by four convicts going throughout the entire book. Well, I can say she did just that. The storyline flowed really well. There weren’t any parts of the book that slowed down or lost my interest. I kept turning page after page to find out what happened next.

I really liked Linden Oliver aka Lindy. She’s a strong, independent young woman who works at a bookstore and is also a writer. Jesse Nightwalker is an undercover cop who lives in the same apartment building as Lindy. He’s a strong alpha male with jet black hair, dark eyes and is just mouth watering.

Lindy’s noticed Jesse a lot and wants to get to know him. For over a year they have nodded and said hello to one another but haven’t taken things further than that. Jesse has some past issues he’s dealing with which makes him reluctant to start anything new. Right from the beginning I thought wow these two are going to be great together. The secondary characters of Sweet Danger were very interesting as was their backgrounds. I really enjoyed learning all about them.

I can’t say enough good things about this book. I loved it and would recommend it to all of you who love a good romantic suspense with a happily ever after. I look forward to reading more novels by Ms Pierson. With a heat rating of 2 and 4 ½ Tea Cups, Sweet Danger is a definite recommended read.



4 1/2 Tea Cups!

Photobucket   PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket   Photobucket

1 comment:

Cheryl Pierson said...

Christy,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of SWEET DANGER. I am thrilled that you enjoyed it so much. Yours is the first review I've seen for it, and since this is my first contemporary (I usually write historicals) it means so much to me that you enjoyed it.

Thanks again!
Cheryl

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails