Saturday, October 16, 2010

Review: Love Capri Style by Lynn Reynolds

Love Capri Style by Lynn Reynolds

Publisher: The Wild Rose Press
Genre: Contemporary Romance


Heat Rating: 2


Photobucket


Blurb

Amanda Jackson took the job with Fame magazine to get closer to her estranged father, billionaire publisher Peter Tate. Instead of welcoming her, Dad sends her out of the country to cover a music festival on the magnificent isle of Capri. There, Amanda finds herself up close and personal with her dad’s leading competitor--dashing British playboy, Eric Greyford. Can she get an exclusive on Eric’s hectic love life, or will she wind up as just another item on the gossip pages of his newspaper?

Forced to take over management of his family’s publishing business after his brother’s death, Eric Greyford needed a diversion. Now, he’s found one in the beautiful blonde reporter he discovers in his hotel room. But is the girl a bumbling junior member of the paparazzi or a corporate spy sent to get the scoop on his company’s daring new business plan?


Denise’s Review

What is it about a story that grabs you from the beginning? I’ve wondered before, but my curiosity has increased tenfold since I began reviewing. I still don’t know how to answer that, but I can definitely say I opened this book as unaware as a fly heading toward a spider web. It had me from the start. Perhaps it was the hero, Eric Greyfield, whose cool, calm demeanor and cocky-as-hell attitude had me swooning from his first, seemingly innocuous, “Well, hello.” Perhaps it was Amanda, the headstrong, independent reporter who wanted to forge a relationship with her father enough to test her comfort zone. I don’t know, but this is one book I did not want to put down, and one I desperately wanted to see more of after the ending scene.

My favorite books recently have been those with headstrong characters who clash ideologically but can’t keep their hands, or thoughts, off each other. The sexual tension in “Love Capri Style” is thick and authentic. The characters are engaging, incredibly likeable, and seem very real. The side-characters are likewise engaging, and each serves a purpose. The writing is fluid and natural. These are things that qualify a book as a must-read, or in my case, a must-read-again-and-again, and when I find a novel that captures all these qualities, it’s hard not to beg for more.

I really don’t want to give away too much of the story itself, especially since the blurb has been provided. Let me leave it at this: having read nothing else by Lynn Reynolds, she has definitely made my recommended authors list. I’ll be ready with my credit card, anxious for her next release.

5 Tea Cups and a Recommended Read!

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket   Photobucket   Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails