Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Review: Catch Me If You Can by Stacey Espino

Catch Me If You Can by Stacey Espino

Publisher: Evernight Publishing
Genre: Menage Romance


Heat Rating: 4


Photobucket



Blurb

Christina is an ordinary woman, working a dead-end job as a bank teller. When her late grandmother gives her the gift of a luxury vacation, she looks forward to the break from reality. But instead of an upscale resort, she arrives at a working ranch with three dead sexy cowboys. They may not offer to give her the spa treatment, but they're eager to please her in other ways.

Just when the relationship between Christina and her cowboys moves to the next level, she's forced to leave the ranch in order to protect the men she loves. She runs from them, knowing that if they catch her, she won't be able to stay away. But being together seems destined to failure. Can they overcome the obstacles facing their loving ménage?

Be Warned: menage a quatre romance, menage sex, anal sex.


Denise's Review

As I attempt to sort through ménage books to find something realistic and to my liking, I stumbled across one of popular author Stacey Espino’s cowboy books. Now, I have never really understood the cowboy thing—I know it’s a popular trope, particularly with ménage authors, but it has never resonated with me one way or another. This wasn’t the first cowboy ménage I read, but it was the first I read and, for the most part, enjoyed.

One notable thing I can say is Ms. Espino’s writing has certainly strengthened since the last book I read. The sex is hot, as one might imagine, and the premise is interesting enough to keep you in the story as well as keep the numerous characters straight. I suppose the one thing I didn’t completely buy was Christina—I never understood why she had three men eating out of her hand, or what was so special about her to make them want to share her. Having said that, I very much appreciated the fact that the brothers, unlike many other ménage books, weren’t looking for a nice girl to split between them; they each wanted her to themselves, and though the relationship that blossomed wasn’t ideal, it was something they could accept.

In terms of “do I think this is realistic?”, I’m likely to say no…but Ms. Espino reminded me with this novella that if crafted well enough, a good erotic romance shouldn’t necessarily be graded on how authentic it feels. CATCH ME IF YOU CAN is a relatively short, smoking hot read, and fans of Ms. Espino’s work, and the ménage genre itself, will definitely want to whip out their credit cards for this one!

4 Tea Cups!

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket   Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails