Saturday, February 12, 2011

Review: Cries of Penance by Roxy Harte

Cries of Penance by Roxy Harte

Publisher: Lyrical Press
Genre: BDSM Romance


Heat Rating: 4


Photobucket



Blurb

Can love survive anything?

Thomas is torn between saving a past love and protecting the woman in his present. Traveling to Africa to save his wife’s life, he leaves his ménage unprotected against political forces that will stop at nothing to destroy the black ops organization he works for—even if it means attacking women and children.

On the day she thought her greatest challenge was going to be interviewing nannies, Celia finds herself chased by thugs. In order to survive she must evolve from Kitten to Tigress to protect not only her unborn, but also Thomas’s four young children.

On the run and without either Master or Lord Fyre to protect her, the question is where Celia’s journey will end.

Content warning, BDSM during pregnancy, lactation play, MMF.


Dodie's Review

I don't like normally starting to read a series in the middle. Sometimes, I don't realize from the blurb when I request a book that it is a series (and not the first one either). Sometimes, I know, but I'm intrigued by the description and want to see if its a series worth reading. Cries of Penance turns out to be the fifth book in the series, and is a great example of how to write a stand alone book, even as the fifth book in a series. As I read the book, I could tell that the characters had a history together, but I wasn't lost and confused because I hadn't read the earlier books. Instead, Roxy Harte has her characters remember things that had happened previously, mentioning things that were important without obviously rehashing earlier scenes.

Thomas' past threatens to destroy his menage and his future. This is an action packed, suspenseful ride, as Thomas tries to save his wife in Africa. Celia and Garret are threatened by the bad guys in his absence. This is Celia's story as she grows and becomes a strong character. This book is also the story of Thomas, Garret, and Celia's menage finding a better balance. Not having read all the previous books, I don't know how strong of a foundation they had before. But it is a very entertaining read as they go through the journey.

I liked this book so much, I went right out and bought the first one in the series so that I could see where it all began.


5 Tea Cups!

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket   Photobucket   Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails