Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Review: Mirror Music by Lily Harlem

Mirror Music by Lily Harlem

Publisher: Ellora's Cave
Genre: Contemporary Romance


Heat Rating: 3


Photobucket



Blurb

As Robbie Harding belts out hit song Jenny to a packed Wembley Stadium, my heart tears, my mind fudges and my insides heat to a lusty, pulsing boiling point.

Why me more than the other 90,000 screaming fans?

Because I’m Jenny—he’s singing about me.

The guy is sex on legs with a voice to match and has starred in all my hot dreams since the day boys became interesting. For three precious years, it was more than hot dreams. Turns out he wants me back in his life and his bed. How can I resist?

So with lots of naked, sweaty and downright dirty time to make up for, I wield my backstage pass, hunt him down and refuse to be starstruck by the boy next door. Seems Robbie agrees, as he insists on tuning in to my needs and rediscovering our rhythm before we even reach a bedroom.


Yadkny's Review

Jenny watched on the sidelines as Robbie shot to stardom. He’s a different person than what she remembers, but the day she finally seems him again she can’t help but see the boy she fell in love with. If she lets him get too close, it could be her complete downfall, but is it not worth the risk?

Now older and maybe a little wiser, Robbie can’t get Jenny out of his mind or heart. It’s obvious to his band mates and it’s even written in some of the songs he sings. It has been a while since they’ve seen each other last, but the question still remains unanswered… does she still think about him too?

Young love that let bitter emotions like jealousy and suspicion tear them apart. It was easy to put myself in Jenny’s position and see things from her perspective as it all comes through clearly in the writing. Jenny’s character is relatable and the emotional connection between her and Robbie is obvious from the beginning. Robbie’s charming personality would make it hard for any girl to say no, but more than that, he isn’t some cocky rockstar who’s lost touch with what he really needs and wants in his life. Their enthusiasm and innocence of first love rediscovery is sweet yet when they physically reminisce it’s electric. My only complaint is that I want more Jenny and Robbie.

Mirror Music is the second in a trilogy set, but my first read by Lily Harlem and I am quite excited to discover more of what this talented author has to offer. Not only is this story worth the read, but it’s worth re-reading too.

4 1/2 Tea Cups!

Photobucket   PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket   Photobucket

1 comment:

Lily Harlem said...

I am so thrilled you enjoyed Mirror Music :-)

Lily x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails