Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Review: Scandalous by Ava McKnight

Scandalous by Ava McKnight

Publisher: Ellora's Cave
Genre: Contemporary Romance


Heat Rating: 3



Photobucket


Blurb

Out of the frying pan and into the fire.

When Kate’s professional reputation is muddied by a nasty scandal, the sexy CEO of her company comes to her rescue. John is a man who always gets what he wants, except when it comes to Kate, who’s been out of his reach for eight long years.

Kate insists she’s innocent of the accusations made against her. As the scandal unravels and shocking secrets are revealed, John finds himself caught between saving his company’s reputation and having all of his wildest fantasies fulfilled by Kate. Wanting Kate has its repercussions. But when a man’s heart and passion are on the line, what’s he to do?



Denise’s Review

Kate finds herself in an innocent, however unfortunate situation and her CEO, John, who has lusted after her for years, comes to her rescue. I’ve made no secret in past reviews that I love the unrequited love theme, and given Ms. McKnight’s reputation, the blurb sucked me in.

The trouble is, there was little between the pages to hold my attention. I felt I was never given reason to connect with Kate; I was TOLD why I should, sure, but that line connecting character to reader was never established. I hate it when an interesting premise turns into a dry read, but that’s what this one did for me. I’m not sure whether it was the stilted dialogue or the flat characters, but something failed to click with this one. The writing itself was decent but not remarkable. For being as short as it was, this novella took me nearly a month to complete; I just couldn’t get into it.

However, that being said I can definitely see how it would appeal to other readers. If you’re looking for steamy sex, this is the book for you.

2 ½ Tea Cups!

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails