Monday, May 23, 2011

Review: Chosen by Nina Croft

Chosen by Nina Croft

Publisher: Breathless Press
Genre: Paranormal Romance


Heat Rating: 2



Photobucket


Blurb

On the world of Arroway, Witches have been persecuted for a thousand years. Now, Tallon, Enforcer for The Order of Warlocks has been sent to hunt and destroy Shayla, a powerful, young Witch.

But when he sees her, she awakens something inside him - some connection forgotten in the years of persecution. And when he starts his spell, she counters with magic so strong it rips them from their own world and into a new one - Earth.

Drawn together as unlikely allies in this strange new world, Tallon and Shayla must work as partners to find a way home. They relearn the bond that once tied Witches and Warlocks as one, and in doing so discover not only their futures at stake, but the future of their whole world.


Lily's Review

I really enjoyed Chosen and came away admiring Ms Croft’s vivid imagination and skill at portraying different worlds and characters. There were a few lovely ‘penny drop’ moments for both myself as a reader and for the hero and heroine along the way, not to mention some yummy romantic scenes and a scorching hot sex scene.

Shayla is a kick ass witch and her ideals, believes and passions are nicely told through her point of view. Tallon is a damn fine warlock and well worth lusting over. Lucky old Shayla get the pleasure of showing him the ropes - I won’t spoil anything here, but suffice to say I was a little jealous!! The plot flows very nicely, hooked me from the first page, kept my attention and left me with not just a lovely warm glow at the end but also a desire to read more.

Verdict:

Sometimes magical stories can leave me a little confused or don’t allow me to lose myself in the plot and characters enough. But this was absolutely NOT the case with Chosen. I was there rooting for Shayla and Tallon and completely immersed in the world/worlds they were existing in. I thoroughly recommend this well-crafted read and look forward to reading more from this author.

4 Tea Cups!

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket   Photobucket

1 comment:

Nina Croft said...

Thanks for the lovely review, Lily!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails