Thursday, August 11, 2011

Review: Bite Me by Tracey Fischer

Bite Me by Tracey Fischer

Publisher: Sapphire Blue Publishing
Genre: Urban Fantasy


Heat Rating: 3


Photobucket



Blurb

Kyra Burke is a thirty something cynical writer living in Paris, France when one night a vampire knocks on her door and changes her life forever. Caught between a battle of good and evil she must make the choice to live her life with her earth soul mate or become a vampire and be with who she thinks is her eternal soul mate.



Hunter’s Review

I am torn about this short story. On one hand, I have never read anything like it and I read constantly. On the other, I was left very disappointed by the end of the book and kind of unsure of what actually happened, which is actually a good thing too. Sheesh. I really I’m not being clear. Let me back up.

Kyra is a gossip writer located in Paris. She lives with her cat, Camelot and within the course of several days makes a bunch of decisions that ultimately leads to a very strange ending. My real problem? The author tried to do too much in 13,000 words. There were too many characters, too many plot twists, despite the fact that I loved, loved, loved the heroine’s smart, funny first person voice I still am not really sure what was going on by the end of the book.

I think that Kyra was very captivating and I think people looking for something a little bit different will enjoy this odd little book.

2 Tea Cups!

PhotobucketPhotobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails