Friday, September 24, 2010

Review: Court of Lies by Dawn Kunda

Court of Lies by Dawn Kunda

Publisher: Siren-Bookstrand Publishing
Genre: Contemporary Romance


Heat Rating: 2


Photobucket


Blurb

Brooke's attempt to start a new life is shot to pieces as her ex-husband lurks around every corner of change. An advancement in her career begins with a contract offered by the charismatic Scott Marshall who also wants to contract her heart.

Her plans are shattered as a bullet rips through her shoulder.

Falsified evidence and twisted statements infiltrate the courtroom as a case of attempted murder multiplies its victims. Brooke's psychic friend furtively supplies clues to the detectives as they work against the corrupt local police force.

Brooke's conscious filters the evidence as she attempts to clarify her relationship with Scott Marshall and the possible manipulations of her ex-husband.

Both men have motive and opportunity and are suspects in her attempted murder.


Christy’s Review

I truly enjoy a good romantic suspense and the plot for Court of Lies was quite good. However, there were a few issues I had with the story and its characters.

I really wanted to like Brooke but found her to be rather naïve. It seemed to me that she has trouble thinking for herself as well as making decisions. The relationship between Brooke and her ex-husband was a bit odd.
At times, I found Brooke doing things that didn’t seem realistic where he was concerned. Ty, her ex-husband, is a possible suspect in the shooting and Brooke kept visiting him and putting herself at risk. Right from the beginning, I was not a big fan of Ty.

Brooke’s best friend Chloe has physic abilities and I found myself wondering why Brooke didn’t ask Chloe for help in solving the mystery of her shot her. Chloe is a great friend to Brooke and she supported her friend all through the book.

Scott. I really liked him. He loves Brooke and wants to do anything that will keep her safe. The chemistry between Brooke and Scott was convincing considering the circumstances of their situation. I found myself wanting them to come together and express their true feelings for each other. They do come together but the scene was a little bit awkward to me.

The sexual scenes are adult mainstream and are not overly explicit in detail which keeps the focus on the shooting. In the end, I was satisfied with the outcome. I think Ms Kunda crafted a great story and I look forward to reading future novels from her. If you like romantic suspense, Court of Lies is a good read.

4 Tea Cups!

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket   Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails