Friday, September 17, 2010

Review: Hope in Love by J. Hali Steele

Hope in Love by J. Hali Steele

Publisher: Ellora’s Cave
Genre: Fantasy Romance


Heat Rating: 3





Photobucket


Blurb

Book 1 in the Angels in Love series.

The world is changing. Hope is fading. Darkness beckons. And one angel holds the answer.

Tired of death, destruction and mankind’s race to ruination, Ramiel, archangel of hope, finds it harder and harder to care about those he’s meant to help. Now the Fates have decreed that Ramiel must mate with Yael, an exulted human. On his shoulders rides the universe’s only hope for survival, but the ties that bind him to Yael force him to face his own unexpected reckoning.

Yael, elevated to Heaven to live out her days in peace, recoils from the sadness and shadows of death in Ramiel’s eyes. Yet the need to ease the despair haunting him is stronger. During nights of searing sensuality, Yael and Ramiel light an erotic fire between them that will not be extinguished.

As the combined forces of the heavens try to tear them apart, Ramiel must find a way to hold on to the love he finds with Yael or an end will come, so devastating that Heaven will drop to its knees.



Hunter’s Review

This is a must read. There is no other way to put it. Wait, I’ll back up. Sorry for the pun but let me be honest, I bought this book because of the cover. Look at that cover!

Then, before I started reading it, I became concerned that it couldn’t possibly live up to its cover. Except that it does. The writing is beautiful and well done. The characters are charming, difficult, and for an angel and an exulted human, they feel very real.

I loved it. I loved the way the characters sparked when they first met. I felt like the opening of the book set the scene for how the book would go. The idea that the smell of the charred bodies hit his nostrils pungently was incredibly moving.

The sex is hot. I have read J. Hali Steele before and she never disappoints in a love scene. Give it a try, it’s scorching.


5 Tea Cups!

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket   Photobucket   Photobucket

1 comment:

J Hali Steele said...

Hunter,

Thanks so much! That is my fav cover *grins*--and now it's in print. I'm glad you enjoyed the story and the characters. I hope you'll keep your eye open for Repent in Love coming soon!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails