Thursday, November 25, 2010

Review: Stroking a Brazen Lust by Rita Sawyer

Stroking a Brazen Lust by Rita Sawyer

Publisher: Siren-Bookstrand Publishing
Genre: Contemporary Romance


Heat Rating: 2



Photobucket


Blurb

Francesca Brazen is working the night shift when her brother-in-law’s sexy foreman checks into the lodge. She has trouble hiding her interest in him. Can she get involved with a man she doesn’t know? After finding him naked in the hall, she’s willing to give it a try. A no-strings affair with a guy who will be leaving town in three weeks will be the craziest thing she’s ever done.

Hal Cummings checks into the lodge, wanting to do nothing more than spend the next three weeks visiting with his buddies and avoiding his stepmother. He needs a few weeks where he doesn’t have to make any decisions. Not hearing his stepmother harp about him settling down and having kids is a big bonus. Meeting Frankie sends that plan straight to hell. Now all he wants to do is spend it in bed with her.


Clare C's Review

The story started off all-out, which is how I like it. Frankie Brazen sees a man she wants, and she goes after him. From there, it got a bit confusing. I didn’t see why her sisters would have a problem with it. Maybe they wouldn’t have an issue with sharing their opinions, but I didn’t see the problem. It didn’t matter too much anyway, as any objections they might have had quickly fell to the wayside as their supportive natures triumphed.

Just as I was getting into it, time seemed to skip forward. The parts of the novel where we (the reader) get to fall in love with both characters wasn’t there. One minute, they were on the verge of hooking up, the next minute, three weeks had passed. I didn’t mind skipping the erotic parts, but I do want to know a character enough to understand and appreciate their unique qualities. That aside, I did like both Frankie and Hal, though I didn’t know why they liked one another.

The last half focuses on a misunderstanding and game playing. Given the pace of the novel, I wasn’t sure why this section slowed down so much. This is the third in the Brazen series, and I think I would have enjoyed it a lot more if I had read the first two. This story had so many peripheral characters that weren’t significant to the plot that, at times, I wondered why they were there. I think if I had come to know them as they were developed in the previous novels, I would have welcomed the visit. People who enjoyed the other Sawyer novels will enjoy this more than I did.

3 Tea Cups!

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails